Metal Detection and X-Ray Inspection System Test Standards
Certification and Your HACCP/GMP Compliance Program
HACCP and GMP compliance in the food and pharmaceutical industry requires that metal detection and x-ray inspection systems be installed at critical control points and are routinely QA (quality assurance) validated with the results documented. Paramount to this is using FDA compliant, independently certified, and NIST traceable test standards.
Why Use Our Pharmaceutical & Food Inspection System Testing Products?
Why not use the same quality precision metal detector and x-ray inspection system test standards that are used by the USDA (United States Department of Agriculture) for their validation of hazard detection systems?
Now the same highly visible, tamper-proof, and completely sealed validation products used by the USDA FSIS are available from Test Standard Labs LLC. We are a USA manufacturer and supplier of independently NIST certified and calibrated test pieces used in the calibration, testing, and validation of metal detectors and x-ray inspection systems.
Your quality assurance team can be assured by using our quality testing products, independently certificated, and traceable, that it will be fulfilling your company's commitment to quality assurance and due diligence.
The Beneifits of Using Our Testing Products...
- We as a manufacturer are fully equipped to calibrate equipment to National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) standards and that any products offered by us will match those NIST-maintained measurement standards.
- All materials used in the manufacture of our metal detector and x-ray inspection system test pieces are FDA compliant and are cleared for contact with food products. Our testing products meet FDA regulations 21 CFR 177.2470, 21 CFR 177.3297 and 21 CFR 175.105 Copies of material data sheets are available here online or by request.
- All of the precision miniature balls used in our products are AMBA, AFBMA, or ISO 3290 standards and tolerances certified. A NIST certification of compliance number is labeled on all of our testing products and NIST certificates of compliance are available free of charge. You can view and print the NIST Certificate of Compliances for our testing products here online at any time.
- Precision miniature ball is completely sealed inside of all our tamper-proof test standards. Our testing and validation products are designed and manufactured for ease of maintaining cleaniness and sanititation.
- For ease of identification all of our pharmaceutical and food inspection system test pieces are clearly labeled and color-coded to the type of sample that is enclosed.
- All of our products can be used to independantly test and validate both metal detection and x-ray inspection systems. We offer test pieces in varying formats and sizes to meet your HACCP and GMP validation program needs. You can be assured of using independently validated test standards since that is our company's only mission.
Our "Made in the USA" Testing Products and Specifications
Test Cards are the most popular and economical test standard used in the food processing industry. It's solid plastic construction facilitates cleaniness unlike it laminated counterpart with it delamination and contamination issues. It's size is 55mm x 85mm (credit card size). The largest sample that can be utilized in this format is 6.00mm. Used primarily with conveyor systems.
Two lengths of test sticks are available...
4" Long Model Test Stick metric size is 100mm x 10mm x 10mm.
6" Long Model Test Stick metric size is 150mm x 10mm x 10mm. Test sticks are used primarily with conveyor systems when larger sizes are required.
Test Balls are available in 15mm, 19mm, 25mm, 32mm, and 38mm diameters and are manufactured with impact resistant high impact resistant plastic. The largest sample that can utilized is 6.00mm. Used primarily with pipeline,gravity feed, or drop through systems.
Test (key) Fob is 1/3 the size of our test card. The largest sample that can be utilized in our test fob is 3.00mm. Test fobs are used primarily with conveyor systems.
Test Rod assembly has a color-coded imprinted plastic handle and 45.7cm (18") rod assembly with a sample visibly enclosed at the end of test rod. The largest sample that can be utilized in our test rod is 3.50mm. Can be used with any system.
Test Rod assembly 3.0mm (1/8") x 10.0mm (3/8") x 350.0mm (14") with sample visibly enclosed at the end of the flat test rod. The largest sample that can be utilized in our pipeline test rod is 3.00mm. Pipeline test rods are primarily designed to be used to test pipeline systems between the pipe and metal detector aperture wall.
Test Tablet assembly is 5.0mm x 10.0mm x 25.0mm. The largest sample that can be utilized in our test tablet is 3.00mm. Test tablets are designed to be used to test Metal Detection and X-Ray Inspection Pharmaceutical Systems.
Test Disk assembly is 15.0mm diameter with certified grade 200 miniature ball visibly enclosed. The largest sample that can be utilized in our test disk is 3.00mm. Test disks are designed to be used to test Metal Detection and X-Ray Inspection Pharmaceutical Systems.
Test Plug is 38mm diameter and 38mm tall. They are manufactured with impact resistant high impact resistant plastic. The largest sample that can utilized is 15.00mm. Test plugs are used primarily with pipeline,gravity feed, or drop through systems.